Saturday, February 11, 2012

20 miles

This run was a big deal to me because I couldn't finish the 20 miler when I was training for my last marathon. I was nervous. Also, my runs this week were not great- my lower legs kept getting tight and I felt very tired. Then there was the weather report--COLD.

I had a very helpful nudge this morning--yogurt and OJ in bed. The wind was whistling outside and I was scared. I took my time and finally got out the door at about 8:45.

I went into Northlake first. I ran out of Indianbead, through Northlake, up the big hill on Jacksonville Cutoff, and back. I had about 7.75 miles when I stopped back at the house to top up my water.

I went through Gap Creek to Brockington and then up 107. The hill on 107 kicked my butt. I usually hit it 4 miles into a run, not 13 miles into a run. I told myself not to be a baby and I straightened up.

I didn't think much. I imagined finishing this next marathon. It's a hugely exhilarating feeling. I mentally celebrated the idea of tapering. I just counted down and hoped to make it. It was a good run at a good pace and I'm thrilled to have finished it.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment