Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Bask. Banter. Love.

One of my students' vocabulary words this week is bask.
We talked about it today, about how you can bask in the sun, or you can bask in a positive feeling.

Tonight I have basked in positive feelings.  I came home, and my wife came home, and we were silly and happy.  We got beer, and Thai food, and we laughed, and kissed, and snuggled.  We smiled, played with the dogs, sent some risque snapchats, listened to music.  We didn't deal with serious things, partly per my request.  

The serious things don't go away, and I know that my desire to avoid them can be a problem.  But tonight, the smiles, the laughter, the carefree-ness: it gave me life. And me, I know I have to get better at dealing with the serious things.  

Another one of my students' vocabulary words this week is banter.

Yesterday, I went for a long run in the forest with some friends, and with some people I didn't know well yet.

I can't really explain how it has felt to be a part of this group this summer.  Some of them are crazy traveling bitches.  Some of them go by other names.  But altogether, these people make up a group of runners in Central Arkansas who are badass as fuck.  Nice, accepting, funny, supportive, inclusive.  Hard core.

After a somewhat grueling 25 miles (and a lot of people had already done 25+ on Saturday, but not me), we sat down under the tent.  To banter.  I listened to stories, jokes, teasing.  I promise you, I basked.  I smiled.  I felt lucky. I met new people, got to know acquaintances a little better, said thank you's to people who are becoming closer friends.  

When we have these things--lovers, spouses, partners and friends and kids who love us, communities who welcome us--everything just has to be ok.

My family, my coworkers (who are also some of my closest friends), my wife, all of the friends that I have met in all of the ways: thank you.  You give me the strength to do my part.

I'm going to be better.  Bask, banter, love.

11 comments:

  1. Hats Off, Gmail Technical Support Phone Ireland +353-12544725 is sans toll and accessible all the time when you call. Call us at Gmail Phone Number Ireland, Call Now at Gmail Helpline Phone Number Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. เผาผลาญไขมัน ไม่มีอันตราย เป็นเทคโนโลยี ที่มีคุณภาพสูงสำหรับการเผาผลาญไขมันส่วนเกิน
    เครื่องจะตรวจจำนวนไขมัน และก็คำนวนพลังงานที่จำเป็นต้องใช้อัตโนมัติ รวมทั้งพวกเราจะใช้เครื่องไม้เครื่องมือยิงคลื่น
    อัลตร้าซาวด์เข้าไปในรอบๆที่ได้ทำเครื่องหมายไว้อย่างสม่ำเสมอ โดยไม่เจ็บต่อเยื่อรอบๆ ใกล้เคียง ไม่ว่าจะเป็นผิวหนังข้างบน เซลล์ประสาท หรือ เส้นโลหิต ต่อจากนั้นเซลล์ไขมันจะถูกแปลงให้เป็นของเหลวแล้วถูกซึมซับไปสู่กระแส เลือด แล้วถูกนำไปเผาผลาญโดยระบบการกำจัดไขมันของ
    ร่างกายตามธรรมชาติ ทำให้ท่านสัมผัสได้ถึงรูปร่างที่กระชับแล้วก็เรียบเนียนขึ้นในทันทีข้างหลังการดูแลรักษา โดยไม่เป็นผลใกล้กันใดๆก็ตามต่อสุขภาพรวมทั้งสามารถดำเนิน
    ชีวิตตามธรรมดา โดยไม่ต้องพักรักษาตัว

    สลายไขมัน กระชับสัดส่วน
    สลายไขมัน ไม่ผ่าตัด

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this information. We are having an e-commerce business where we have a collection of different clothing brands for your comfort. Visit our website for more information at - Visit Website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! The quality and quantity of work produced in here is absolute informative. Thanks for sharing. I have also some interesting information about dolphin emulator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pg Soft เล่นได้ทุกแพลตฟอร์ม รองรับทุกระบบปลอดภัย 100% เล่นได้ตลอด 24 ชั่วโมง ยิ่งเล่น สล็อตpg ยิ่งรวยแน่นอน

    ReplyDelete
  6. pg slot slot xo เว็บไซต์สล็อต slotxo พวกเราเป็นผู้ให้บริการเกมส์ slotxo คาสิโนออนไลน์ ได้เงินจริง แจกฟรีเครดิตทุกวี่ทุกวัน PGSLOT เกมส์สล็อตที่ได้รับความนิยม ของคนสมัยใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  7. pg-slot-org ซึ่งทางเว็บไซต์จะมีการแนะนำเว็บไซต์ที่เกี่ยวข้องให้ท่านเข้าถึงได้ง่ายขึ้นอีกด้วย PG SLOT โดยท่านสามารถทำการสมัครสมาชิกเพื่อเข้าเล่นเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ขั้นตอนการสมัครสมาชิกที่ง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  8. pg slot game download แต่ว่าการเล่นหน้าเว็บไซต์ก็เล่นได้แบบเดียวกัน PG แม้กระนั้นพวกเราได้สร้างแอปพลิเคชั่นเพื่ออำนวยความสะดวกแก่ผู้เล่น แล้วก็เร็วทันใจสำหรับในการเข้าถึงเกม

    ReplyDelete
  9. google-search-console เป็นเครื่องมือที่มีประโยชน์ในการตรวจสอบและวิเคราะห์เว็บไซต์ของคุณบนเครื่องมือค้นหาของ PG SLOT เพื่อช่วยให้เว็บไซต์ของคุณประสบความสำเร็จในการค้นหา

    ReplyDelete
  10. ทางเข้า pg slot 88 แล้วกรอกข้อมูลส่วนตัวของคุณลงในฟอร์มการสมัคร หลังจากนั้นก็เสร็จสิ้นขั้นตอนการสมัครแล้ว PG SLOT คุณจะได้รับชื่อผู้ใช้งานและรหัสผ่านเข้าสู่ระบบจากนั้นคุณก็สามารถเลือกเกมสล็อต

    ReplyDelete