Sunday, January 8, 2012

What a crazy week!  I went back to work reluctantly on Tuesday and then stayed home with Ty on Thursday because he was sick.  Thursday night I developed a stomach virus and had to stay home on Friday as well.  Sensible people would maybe decide not to run 16 miles the day after recovering from a stomach virus, but sensible people don't do a lot of distance running, I don't think.

The one concession to sense that I made was to stay close to home.  That made the run a bit (ok, a lot) boring--doing circles around Jacksonville is not exactly entertaining.  It worked out, and I really did feel fine.  In the last mile my legs were shaky and complaining, but overall I think it went better than my first 16 miler last summer.  The temperature difference probably has a lot to do with that.

I had a couple of huge revelations while running--why not move the tall bookcase from the spare room to the kitchen, get rid of all the children's books that Ty has outgrown, and use the bookcase for cookbooks and small appliances?  And that plant that won't fit anywhere?  Oh, and here's how I can organize the lessons for my classes next week...and I have to make sure I don't forget my passport when I pack to leave.... I've also been inspired by this blog, so I spent some miles thinking about how great it will be to start moving clutter out of my home and my life.

In the last five minutes or so of my run, when I was really dragging, One Republic came on the running list playing "Good Life." It reminded me of another song from years ago, one whose title I'll never think of, that I called the curvy song.  There was something about the tune of the song that seemed to make curves to me.  The whistling part of "Good Life" is like that.  It was the perfect song for my mindset right then--I picked up my head and looked around and let the song flow through me and carry me on.  This is a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment