Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Moments.

I got out this morning for the first of two runs today. Even though it's hard for me to wake up early, I've missed mornings. Summer mornings, actually. When it's cooler but not cool, the light is diffuse, and the air is still. 

I was listening to pandora. I felt heavy and clunky and slow. I had hoped to run 5 but decided four would be better because of my slower pace and need to get ready for work. 

On north first street, an Ani DiFranco song came on, another live version. She talked first, about being in Italy and meeting someone, (re-meeting someone), and said she was playing a song for her, one she just finished writing that night. When she started playing, I stood still and looked up in front of me. Smudges of cloud marched away from the sun on my left, and morning light shimmered, on the verge of dissipating. I opened thankfully to it. Thankfully, I remembered how to see it, how to let my soul mingle with the sun. 

When I started running again I wasn't thinking about myself or my legs or my breathing. I was picturing that re-meeting on a street in Italy, greetings and smiles and laughter. "I was no picnic, I was no prize." No, I was not. Am not. 


4 comments:

  1. You really don't realize you are a prize? You may not always be a picnic but you'll always be a prize-kind of like the candy spilling out of the piñata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ทางเข้า เกม pg slot auto 168 ว็บไซต์สล็อตแตก ง่าย 2023 PGSLOT เกมส์สล็อตออนไลน์ เกมยอดนิยมจากผู้เล่นทั่วทั้งโลกขณะนี้ พวกเราป็นเว็บไซต์ Pg ฝากถอน ไม่มีอย่างต่ำสล็อตแตกง่าย

    ReplyDelete
  4. pgjokervip เป็นเว็บไซต์เกมออน์ที่ได้รับความนิยมมากในประเทศไทย โดยเฉพาะอย่างยิ่งในเกมสล็อตออนไลน์ PG SLOT ซึ่งมีเกมให้เลือกเล่นมากกว่า 200 เกม และมีระบบฝาก-ถอนอัตโนมัติที่รวดเร็วและง่าย

    ReplyDelete