Thursday, October 18, 2012

I can and I am.

After skipping yesterday, this afternoon's five miles felt pretty good.  I was feeling down before heading out... Running isn't the source of any strength, necessarily, but it is sometimes the source of my knowing I have strength.  Running down the driveway to the road and around the corner is a steady repetitive reminder that I can and that I am.  My miles are a line that connects me from one day to the next, a line that I might need to follow, to hold onto in the dark.  And it's a line that I draw myself.

I'm operating in fits and starts right now.  I'm cleaning closets and mopping floors.

And yes, I'm thinking.  I'm pausing from time to time to write something down, a line or two that stick in my mind as something true.  I don't know if they are, but they are there and need a home.

I'm asking myself some questions and telling myself some truths.  But I'm also in a fog, sort of disoriented from reality.  Maybe I should stay in it until I'm ready to come out.  More likely, maybe I didn't know what reality was.  That's cliched.  Maybe I was telling myself stories.  I'm always waiting for the time when I will finally get my shit together.

I just took a minute to watch a video and somewhere in there was a reminder of T.  I could really use a dance from her right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment