Sunday, October 28, 2012

Today was the first cold run of the season for me.  I can't say it was frosty, but it was 45 when I went out with a windchill of 39.  It was chilly enough for sleeves and a hat, to me.

It felt great.  It took about half a mile to warm up and a bit more for my fingers.  My nose was chilled and probably red and I was just comfortably sweaty under my hat and my sleeves.

Cool weather runs are the best when I dress the right way.  It's hard to gauge because it's always going to be uncomfortable for the first at least half mile.  When I do it right, though, I have a cold nose and face and the rest of me is comfortable.  It's a nice feeling.

I ran 6.  The MidSouth Marathon is in Wynne next Saturday--marathon number 7.  I feel undertrained even though I've made all of my long runs.  Weekdays have been really challenging for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment